Friday, November 24, 2017

WIP-it Down Week Thanksgiving 2017 - Day 9


Today is NaBloPoMo Day 24 and Day 9 of my self imposed WIP-it Down Week.  I had a pretty productive day yesterday considering it was Thanksgiving and the hubby was home (although he slept a good part of the day since he works a midnight shift).

I finished the border on my first BAMCAL afghan!  It still needs a run through the washer and dryer to "block" it.  I am relatively happy with this afghan.  I don't love a few of the squares, but overall it is nice and will be loved by someone once I donate it.  Here is a close up of the simple border:


I also stitched together three four square blocks as well.  Now these are ready to sew in with the other twelve inch squares once I complete the rest of the November and December squares.  And I also got some work done on the remaining November squares!  I finished the four six inch squares (and sewed them together!).  Here is a picture of the four blocks (the top right one is the one I completed yesterday and the other three are the ones I joined together).



And I decided on an alternate for the Main November square that I was not happy with.  This one is a square I made for the 2011 BAMCAL and I like the look (and ease of making) it so decided that was the one I wanted to substitute in.  I got a start on it last night but was getting too sleepy to finish it.  This is as far as I got:


On the schedule for today is to work on sewing together my BAMKAL squares.  I don't think this will take all day and if I finish early I think I will go back to either my MOCKs or my Coffee Cantata socks.  Both are closer to completion and I would like to get them both done.  Since the Coffee Cantata socks are closer I suspect I will focus on those!  First off though I want to finish my substitute BAMCAL square!  It should not take too long (I hope), then I will move on to the BAMKAL square blocking (for those last few) and joining (of those squares already blocked).


And we may have to check out some Black Friday sales - after hubby is home from work and after he gets some sleep.  I suspect we will head out shopping later in the afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing to me how so many different designs can be made with a crochet hook. I love the dark green one - it looks very celtic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done quite a bit on your self imposed WIP finishing. That green square is gorgeous.

    Happy Black Friday shopping, you brave soul.

    ReplyDelete