Sunday, November 5, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 19


Week 19!!  WOW!  I am happy to still be keeping up with this!

I have had a fairly productive week.  I finished my Vanilla Socks for John.  I now need to decide if I will save them to give him for Christmas or if I will give them to him now...  I'm leaning towards saving them for a Christmas gift.


I also made some great progress on my Mystery Shawl.  It is all scrunchy and unblocked but is almost done!!  I am ready to do row 279 out of 292 - only 14 rows left to do - but every second row increases the stitch count by one so it keeps getting bigger!  A little over 2000 stitches left to knit!  I am hoping to finish this up after church today - it is all I plan to knit on for the rest of the day!


This week coming up I plan to tackle my Coffee Cantata socks - let's see if I can get closer to finishing those off!!  And the second clue in the Mystery Socks will be out on Wednesday so I will be on that this week as well!  I am trying to refrain from casting on something new and am struggling!!  Especially if I have two finished objects in the past little while (well one finished and one nearly done).  I really want to cast on the second pair of Selbu mittens...  Stay strong Karen, stay strong!

My page of current projects for this YOP can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP - Year 7 (or to join up yourself - it is never too late!) check out the Ravelry group over here.

4 comments:

  1. Your shawl looks so soft and yummy. All those stitches takes a lot of time to make it across a row. That is the only draw back to knitting shawls. Nice job on the socks. I too, would keep them for Christmas. Stay strong Karen.............no casting on..........yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are great - I can see why you want to give them now rather than waiting for christmas. I am like that too, I just want to give things as soon as they are off the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is almost done! Yay for you! The sock would make a great Christmas present and they turned out so nice. The Selbu mittens are gorgeous...you are really knocking out your projects this year! Congrats! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are great and will make the perfect Christmas gift. I love the look of the shawl, it looks so cosy and so nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete