Sunday, September 17, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 12


I have spent the past week playing catch-up and trying my darnedest not to cast on anything new (aside from the monthly squares that I was behind on!).  I think I accomplished a lot!!

This week I managed to finish my September Main BAMKAL square:


and my July Main 12 inch BAMCAL square:


and my July Alternate 12 inch square:


and my four July 6 inch squares:


I also spent some time pinning out and steam blocking (since I used an acrylic yarn I had in my stash for this afghan) ALL of my BAMKAL squares.  I also need to take decent pictures of them all and get that updated on my Ravelry project pages.  I plan to do that later today.  I bought some cream colored yarn that I plan to use as a border on each square - I will crochet these borders on and then I can start sewing them all together.  Now that they are blocked I can see that there are a few that are a bit small - the border will work nicely to even out the sizing!

First dozen pinned out - until I ran out of pins!
And the rest of them!
And last but not least I am getting closer to being caught up with my Temperature Scarf.  I made it to the end of September 3rd.  This past week's progress is from the two plastic orange stitch markers on each side!  The first single metal marker shows when July ended and the second single metal marker shows where August ended.  I should be completely caught up for next week's update!


Before next week I want to be caught up on all my BAMCAL squares and my Temperature scarf so that I can justify casting on a pair of Selbu mittens from the club I signed up for last month (I am behind there too - there is the original pattern plus the September pattern to knit before the October and November patterns are released!)  Hopefully I can cast on a pair of those next week!!  YAY!!

My page of current projects for this YOP can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP - Year 7 (or to join up yourself - it is never too late!) check out the Ravelry group over here.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the mittens...I bought yarn in Norway to make a pair, but haven't yet..nice colors in the scarf...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great Job of playing catch up this week. Look at all those squares! you will have a lovely blanket when all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen :) The squares look great and so does your scarf! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pattern on the first block and the other colour combinations are gorgeous. Love the picture of them all blocking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go and you are back to school now too...right? You are doing so well on keeping up. Much better than I am....thus the reason I don't sign up for those KALs and CALs....I can never keep up but I do have other projects going on..like painting and cleaning etc. After Christmas I will be doing selfish knitting for sure! Your blanket is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see the mittens. Have a great week and so happy you keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds and looks like you are getting all caught up! Your blocking squares all look so neat and tidy - so much more disciplined than me! And I really like how the temperature scarf is working up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been productive, Karen! All your squares are so inspiring. And the green squares are going to look great joined and bordered by cream yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done so well catching up. It must feel great!

    ReplyDelete